cardamom french toast tea


My kind and crafty mother sent me and my roommates an advent calendar counting down the days until we go home for the holidays. Beautifully presented, she wrapped 12 days worth of tea into a row of festive wrapping papers. It reminds me of my childhood where each December 1st we would put out our advent trees (hand-made by my - once again - crafty mother), and every morning for 25 days we would wake up excited to find the little ornament left for us by Santa's elves.

Now that I'm in my twenties, each day since December 1st we remove the top layer of the festively wrapped bundles and enjoy a new type of tea with each rotation of the sun. Today's tea was called "Cardamom French Toast". It's just heavenly. Black tea, cinnamon, lemon peel, coriander seeds, cardamom, coconut sugar, cane sugar, natural and artificial flavouring. It's warming my soul as I lock myself in my room for the evening, preparing for the five exams I have ahead of me in the coming week. Sunday night blues intensified; but drinking this hot cup of bliss - with special love from my mother - makes everything seem more manageable.

David's Tea says:
"Something about cardamom just puts us in a festive frame of mind. We love its rich, fragrant taste any way we can get it. One of our faves? The buttery, cardamom-scented Christmas breads popular in Sweden and Finland. And cardamom toast is great, it only stands to reason that cardamom French toast would be out of this world. With black tea, cardamom, cane sugar and cinnamon, this rich, sweet blend tastes just like the decadent breakfast of our dreams. Only this is one brunch item you’ll be wanting all day long."
mmmmmmmm, thanks Cheech!

Comments

Popular Posts