Confessions of a slacker student


I am bored to the point where watching my candle's flame flicker and the steam from my tea dance through the air has become the most exciting part of my hour. I have also developed a newfound fascination with parting the split ends that are plentiful in my rarely-manicured hair.

I just got very excited by the opportunity to flip my calendar to the month of April where the picture comes from the Koksilah Ancient Forest in Shawnigan Lake. Sad fact: "Less than 1% of the original old-growth Douglas Fir trees remain on Vancouver Island."

As of now, I have consumed more cups of tea than number of slides I've reviewed for my exam tomorrow.

Somehow, the following just doesn't spark my interest:


I am listening to a playlist consisting of various artists that will be playing at the Squamish Valley Music Festival in August. Naturally, this has gotten me excited for the summer months where I can be free and fun and where I won't have to glue myself to a chair and stare at this computer screen for hours on end.

To further my excitement, I wrote a "Hopefully-Will-Do-List" for this summer:

  • jump off a 20 foot cliff
  • bike the Seawall from Canada Place, around Stanley Park, and to Kits beach 
  • spit off the Lynn Valley suspension bridge
  • hike through Garibaldi Park
  • attend a concert on Granville Island
  • dip in Capilano River
  • spend a night under the stars
  • roadtrip down the Oregon Coast
  • watch a baseball game in Myrtle Park
  • eat a bean and a tomato grown in my backyard
  • rollerblade through the Seymour Demonstration Forest
  • have lunch at the Cottage Deli Cafe in Gastown
  • hike the Baden Powell Trail from Deep Cove to Grouse Mountain
  • watch the sunset from Dog Mountain
  • slackline in Stanley Park
  • canoe around Racoon Island 
  • attend a "Concerts in the Cove"
  • explore deeper into Emerald than ever before
  • picnic at Whytecliff Park

That's not all, but that's it for now. I've done enough procrastinating to make me exhausted; I'm going to bed. My alarm is set for an early hour with the hopes of doing some last-minute studying. I hope this exam tomorrow goes well. . .

Comments

  1. Sounds like a nice calendar. ;)
    That is a long summer wish list!........are you planning to work at all???
    How did the exam go??
    Off to see Craig tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts