Rejuvenated and Ready

It's 9:54pm on January 2nd, 2012.

Tomorrow we go back to school after 2 weeks off for Winter break. I'm feeling rested, refreshed, relaxed, rejuvenated and ready (How's that for alliteration?) to finish these last 6 months of my high school career. In 155 short days I will be walking that stage, dressed in cap and gown.

I've just completed my first University application; to Dalhousie, for their ESS program (Environment, Sustainability and Society), with a double major in ESS and Management. And my lord, was that a process. Not that the actual application was vigorous or time-consuming, but deciding what I want to study for four entire years (at least), and work in that field for possibly the rest of my life; now that's a scary decision.

How am I supposed to know? I'm young. I'm naive. I have no experience in the work force.

All these big, life altering decisions are difficult and stressful. But also exciting; full of endless opportunity. It's time to move on from this safe life where I have everything laid out for me, and go out and explore the world. Make discoveries. Learn. Grow. Live.

I have not a clue where else I will be applying. And after spending many long days and many long hours worrying that I have to make the perfect decision, I've realized that as hard as I try, I will never really know what I want to do. No one will ever really know until they're there.


In honour of purchasing my Coldplay ticket the other day... ladies and gentlemen, "Violet Hill".

Ended off the holidays tonight was an Anton's dinner with the fam, just like old times. And earlier today a 'stick and puck' with the bros. I've had enough fun; I'm ready to go.

And in 11 days, we're off to San Jose to play some hockey!

Comments

  1. You're going to be amazing, wherever you end up. You're the type of person that finds a way both to love what they do, and to do what they love. Life after high school is going to be incredible for you. :)
    Love you,
    Em

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts