We Day Vancouver 2011

We Day 2011 has come and gone and inspired another 18 000 youth to get out there and do something to create a better world. That something could be anything. As simple as a smile, or as grand as fundraising to go on a humanitarian trip.

This year, Vancouver had an amazing line up of speakers and special guests. Mia Farrow was amazing, Shaquille O'Neal got his dance on, Craig and Marc touched hearts as always. Spencer West gave the message of 'anything is possible', and Michel Chikwanine said nothing at all. For me, however, the most impressive performance was by a name unknown to me-- Noah Kaplan. His spoken word titled "Be the Spark" was mind blowing.




Now my only hope is that these 18 000 youth that lined the seats of Rogers Arena didn't just sit there and enjoy the music by Hedley, Down with Webster and Classified, but that they actually soaked in the message and will go out and do something.

For me, the moment I got home from We Day, I was on the computer organizing a fundraiser for the (MOB)ilizers.


We are the movement.

Comments

Popular Posts