It's a Small World

It's a world of laughter
A world of tears
It's a world of hopes
And a world of fears
There's so much that we share
That it's time we're aware
It's a small world after all

There is just one moon
And one golden sun
And a smile means
Friendship to ev'ryone
Though the mountains divide
And the oceans are wide
It's a small world after all

It's a small world after all
It's a small world after all
It's a small world after all
It's a small, small world

Written by: Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman



This was my favourite ride as a child. I made my Grandma ride it over and over again with me- she was a good sport!

Also, there have been many times in my life when this saying has proven to be true. Just last weekend I was playing in a softball tournament. We were in the final game, and I noticed that I recognized the first-baseman(or basewoman). I had met her at BC Student Voice a couple weekends before. I knew her name was Rachael, but as she made an out at first her teammates were calling her Lisa. Throughout the game as I stared at her trying to figure this out, and smiled and said hi, she just looked at me like I was crazy. I was pretty sure she would have remembered me.

Anyways, the game ended and we shook hands and I still couldn't figure it out. When I came home I looked her up on facebook, and told her that I could have sworn I played against her in softball. Turns out, she has a twin sister named Lisa. How's that for confusing? And, Rachel is also on that team, but she wasn't playing in that tournament because she's away in Ottawa at a program called "Adventures in Citizenship". And I figured out she's there with my good friend Ceilidh. What a small world.

Comments

Popular Posts