Another Season at CtS

Campfire songs, group hugs, nature walks, team building activities and the "C-Rivz Crew". I can confidently say this was the best weekend I've had in a long time.

It was Catching the Spirit's overnight leadership training. Amazing enough, Capilano River was hosting this year. All week at school, all I could think about was how excited I was to head back to that place I love so much. That place I spent much of my summer at last year. That place loaded with memories. And that place where I will see many, much loved, familiar faces.

It's easy to forget how beautiful our surroundings are here in North Vancouver, and in fact all of BC. It's easy to take it for granted when we're so caught up in the hustle and bustle of our lives. But this weekend, as I took a short time off from that life, I actually had time to sit down and appreciate the amazing forests we have here on the west coast.

Sitting in the middle of a dense rain forest. In-taking the freshness of the air. Listening to the soothing sound of the flowing river. Touching the bark of those marvelously tall trees. Gazing up at those branches with green leaves that creates the roof of our forests. I can hardly describe how much I love that place.

And I haven't even mentioned the people. We arrived to our supervisors dressed in capes, cowboy hats, Buzz Lightyear overalls, sailor caps and nickname's like "Big Bad Bren." At campfire, we learned a song that you can sing whenever you're thankful of something, and it goes a little like this
Someone: "(Insert memory here) and I'm glad."
Rest of the group: "So glad about it."
Someone: "I laughed really hard today, and I'm glad."
Rest of group: "So glad about it. Oohohoh, I'm so glad to be here." (In a deep baritone voice)

The line "Laughed really hard today" resonated with everyone. From the hilarious improv to the spontaneous accents, there sure are some characters at CtS.

With only spending 27 hours together, we sure got pretty close. I don't even recall how I first heard of Catching the Spirit, but I can't express enough how grateful I am that I am involved in the greatest environmental stewardship program there is in Metro Vancouver- and probably the world!

If this weekend was any indication, we're in for a good summer!











Comments

  1. You've raised an amazing amount of hours through Social Vibe! I'm so proud of you!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts