We Day Insomnia

Besides the fact that I had to get up at 5am for hockey practice this morning, I barely slept last night. And it's not because I'm an insomniac, I think it has to do with We Day.

Yesterday morning I woke up to my radio blasting. Now, normally I would hit the sleep button and put off getting up for as long as possible. But as soon as I heard "You know I know how" the first line to 'Club Can't Handle Me', I jumped out of bed. This is one of the We Day songs that the entire 20 000 youth occupying Rogers Arena will be dancing to. What a nice change to be excited to jump out of bed.

Then, for the past few hours that were meant for homework, I've been glued to cbc.ca watching "Shameless Idealists", the talk show hosted by Craig Kielburger himself, that I will be live in audience watching after We Day.

I can't see myself falling asleep easily tonight.



And after tomorrow's volunteer orientation, I can't see sleep being easy either.

Vancouver We Day 2010 begins in 37 hours.

Here we come world.

Comments

Popular Posts