Thank you- Thank you!

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have a lot to be thankful for! It was only the other day I was sitting in the gymnasium at Argyle Secondary listening to two young Ugandan men speak about how they never really had a childhood and how they have always lived in fear. They grew up in Northern Uganda during the civil war and were forced to leave their families. They slept most nights in the bushes hoping not to be discovered by the soldiers.

Something like this really makes you realize how good you have it.

I'm thankful to live in such a safe, developed country.
I'm thankful for my childhood.
I'm thankful for such a loving family.
I'm thankful for great friends.
I'm thankful for the roof I live under, and the food I eat.
I'm thankful for my education.
I'm thankful for the opportunity to play sports.
I'm thankful for my health.

The list could go on for a while.

I know that these days we probably don't take enough time to acknowledge everything we're thankful for, but we really should. This weekend I was in a soccer tournament, I had hockey practices, I went to the Canucks game, I was at the We Day crowd pumping rehearsal, and I hung out with amazing friends.

This is why we don't have time to think about everything we have going for us; life is just too busy these days, but the fact that life is so busy, and that we can do all these things is something to be thankful for in itself.

Comments

Popular Posts