Snorkelling Cats, Flying Elephants, Snake Charming, Sail Boating.

I dreamed last night of snorkeling with a purple cat with fins, and riding a flying elephant through the clouds. Then I ended up in India charming snakes, and then on a sail boat in the Mediterranean sea with the Chinese diving team and Johnny Depp.



Have you ever wondered where your mind comes up with these things in your dreams? I've always found dreams quite fascinating, and usually I wake up wishing my reality was as exciting as my dreams. I hate it though when I wake up knowing I had a good dream, but I can't remember it, and all day I'm trying to pick at my memory.

Or have you ever experienced a series of dreams that relate? Every now and again I dream of the the same science lab, doing all sorts of crazy experiments. And I have a crazy scientist friend with a giant red afro and laser vision goggles. One night I found a formula that can grow you a tail and a few weeks later I came up with a chemical that can make you any pet of your choice in a matter of minutes. If only this were true... I could be a billionaire!


15 Fun Facts:

1. When you are snoring, you are not dreaming.
2. Toddlers do not dream about themselves until around the age of 3.
3. You forget 90% of your dreams.
4. Ex-smokers have more vivid dreams.
5. 12% of sighted people dream exclusively in black and white. The remaining number dream in full color.
6. People tend to have common themes in dreams, which usually relate to school, being chased, running slowly, sexual experiences, falling, arriving too late, a person now alive being dead, teeth falling out, flying, failing an exam, or a car accident.
7. Our dreams are frequently full of strangers, but your mind is not inventing those faces – they are real faces of real people that you have seen during your life but may not know or remember? The psycho man with a gun may be a waiter you had at Boston Pizza 3 years ago.
8.
Normally you have four to seven dreams in a single night, and on average you dream from one or two hours every night.
9. Studies have proven that animals dream too.
10.
Five minutes after the end of the dream, half the content is forgotten. After ten minutes, 90% is lost.
11.
In your lifetime, you would've spent about 6 years of it dreaming. That is more than 2,100 days spent in a different world.
12. Children between the ages of 4 and 8 have the most nightmares of anyone.
13.
Studies have shown that our brain waves are more active when we are dreaming than when we are awake.
14.
Blind people dream too; whether visual images appear in their dream depends on whether they where blind at birth or became blind later in their life. Vision is not the only sense in a dream; sounds and smell become hypersensitive for blind people and their dreams are based on these senses.
15.
A lack of dream activity can mean protein deficiency or a personality disorder.

Comments

Popular Posts