9/11

Exactly nine years ago today.

I can remember that morning, near the beginning of grade 2: I walked out of my room, my Mom telling me of the shocking news, being 7 years old I doubt I fully understood what was going on, but at school when my teacher brought it up, practically every single 7 year old student knew about the tragedy. I then realized that this was big news, and it was one that would go down in history.



Death toll- 2,996.

I can't help but cringe at the thought of Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda. It really makes you wonder what went wrong in the lives of these people that they felt they had to take the lives of so many innocent people. Can you imagine spending your life planning out a plot to kill thousands and thousands of people and yourself. How great would it make you feel when you've just accomplished your goal or taking the lives of thousands. What was wrong in the minds of these people?

I'm currently watching "Inside 9/11" a documentary telling about what went on that nobody saw coming and how people tried to stop the attacks. What really gets to me is the recorded calls from a passenger to their loved ones, "I don't know what's happening, but I just wanted to tell you that I love you." Can you imagine?

"We love death. The U.S. loves life. That is the big difference between us." - Osama bin Laden
What a sick, sick man.

A thought goes out to all the families and friends who lost loved ones nine years ago and to the victims themselves who didn't deserve to die.

We can only hope that a tragedy like this will never happen again. There is no need for it.

Comments

Popular Posts