Summer Slumbers

Today, I woke up at twelve noon. I looked at the clock in shame; half my day is done and I have accomplished nothing. Don't get me wrong, I do love to sleep in and not have my sleep disrupted by a loud and obnoxious beeping noise, but it's a shame to think that I was just getting out of bed when my brother was walking in the door, coming back from a seven hour shift at work.

After this week, I won't be sleeping in that late. I have hockey camps, volunteering at children's camps and Catching the Spirit camps; so I'll have to get myself out of bed at a decent hour. So for this week, I'll enjoy it, and after all that's what the summer is for- rest and relaxation. I'm just not into the whole "sit around home all day" kind of thing. I prefer to have a plan for the day, get something accomplished. Even if it's something simple, and rather pointless.

Tonight, I'm heading off to the fireworks. The fireworks are always a great time. In a very distant way, they remind me of the Olympics. A huge mass of people arriving super early for an event, crowding onto the beach (or venue), and then when it's done, the mad rush of people trying to keep their crew together through the crowds. And not to mention all the rowdy's.

Comments

Popular Posts