Bubbles?

An article in the Province today titled "If that bubble touches me..." caught my eye. It was basically describing the incident between a "bubble blower" at the G20 summit and an angry police officer. It told people to check out the video on Youtube, which has become very popular and has almost ten thousand views!

In my opinion, the police officer was totally out of line with his outrageous response. I can't see why blowing bubbles would be at the most of this officers worries when there are thousands of other violent protests going on. I guess I can't say this for sure, because the video doesn't give you the entire story, but to me it doesn't look like the bubble blower was purposely being disrespectful to the police, and she wasn't aiming for their faces or anything. If the officer asked her nicely to stop blowing bubbles, or asked her to move away that would be a different story, but a threat to arrest her seems a tad bit over the top.


Comments

Popular Posts