Procrastination...

At the moment I am doing everything in my power to procrastinate my studying. It is now 11:30pm and my exam is tomorrow at 11am, I have not even opened my french book.

You know, I used to get so worked up about tests and assignments and I would do them well ahead of time, never this last minute thing that I am into now. I used to be so on top of everything, I was organized, I was keen on doing my absolute best, but I was probably a bit too panicky. Now, I still want to try my very best, and I am still responsible, but I just don't feel as on top of things and I leave everything to the last minute. I like that I am more relaxed now, but in some ways I wish I could have the drive I used to.

Just to waste time, I will share what I did on my first weekend out of school. And a beautiful weekend it was too!

On Saturday I spent my morning in the beautiful sunshine, but not on the beach or in the park like one might wish. I was in a garden tearing out blackberry bushes and knot-weed. Catching the Spirit was getting a start on the community garden. In the morning it looked like a junkyard of knot-weed and tall grass. It still looked quite like a junkyard when we were finished, but we did make progress. 5 hours of hard work and it looked like we barely put a dent in it, but it was a good start to the long project. Since so much work is going into this, the outcome will be so rewarding. Fresh fruit and vegetables from a garden which we made on a lot of what was once invasive species. It is going to be something to be proud of.

The rest of Saturday I had hoped on studying, but with no surprise I found myself on the couch watching some World Cup, or outside lounging in the sun.

Then I headed off to inline practice, my first of the year! It was weird to have an inline practice as normally we just play games, but it was a great chance to work on the basics such as stopping, which I learned I am not so good at.

I spent that night with my good friends at a movie: The A Team to be exact. From what I could tell it looked pretty good, but I would`t know I fell asleep. I don't know what it is, but I can never stay awake during movies.

Then it was Sunday morning, and I was off to softball practice where we're preparing to go to Provincials in July.

Next I was off to my field hockey game, my last one of the season. We got killed, but it was fun, and HOT. I think I only played 4 games all season, I can't believe how fast that went by.

Then last event of the day was my inline game. Our first playoff game. We almost had a full team out for once! I managed to get 2 penalty shots, and didn't score on either one. And I got a penalty myself.

Who would have guessed, but we did, team yellow won a game! Just when it mattered, we pulled it off. It was the first time I've seen us play as a team, make nice plays and passes. It was also the first time I've seen inline go in to overtime. But we won! Final score: 5-4. Bring on the round 2.

And now here I am, procrastinating my studies.
It was a great first weekend of summer holidays; well I guess not quite, we still have exams, but I don't seem too worried about those.
I am so excited for this summer!
I better be off and maybe open my french book at least once before this final.

Comments

Popular Posts